Links between multiple web pages.

Started by zannicorus, June 24, 2010, 05:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zannicorus

Hello all,

I've been searching for too many hours, without any leads on my issues.  I apologize if there is a simple solution, because this seems like it should be obvious functionality.

This issue came to be, because... my company finally updated to Visio 2007, then IE7 was pushed, followed by all heck breaking loose.  I fixed the 2007 relative link issues to only find out the drastic difference in file creation during the "Save as Web Page" function. 

Visio 2003 creates multiple web pages in the designated root, for Each Sub Page (ie: Page-1, Page-2, Page-3, etc...) 
Visio 2007 creates one file to control all, then uses the file directory to build the frames.

What fails for me in 2007:  Linking a shape to Page-2 in Different File.

Example:
User is in myWebPage-Apples.html (A single page visio flow), there is a shape that says "Go To Oranges, Page 3".

----Hyperlinks Window----
Address = myWebPage-Oranges.html

Sub-address = (Blank)    (This only refers to pages within Visio Files, apparently not Sub Pages.  I attempted adding, "Page-3" and all variables passed to the .html function, "FileEntry", which is: pageIndex, pageID, pageName, priImage, secImage.  No effect, it always open Page-1)

Description = (Blank)
----End Hyperlinks Window----

The Wrap Up:  I need a Visio Web Page to link to another Visio Web Page's Sub-Pages. 

Any thoughts?  Thanks for your reading time.

Yacine

Hi Zannicorus,

I did not find neither a way to export a visio file in several web pages.
You could however, with some tailoring, link to the exported images.
The saveAsWeb dialog allows you - under advanced - to chose the export format of the drawing. These drawings are saved in the folder attached to the main html file.
You can now link to one of the svg/gif/jpg...
Yacine

Nikolay

Hi Zannicorus,

1. You need a web server (such as IIS web server or Apache web server) for page navigation to work. But I suppose you already do have a web-server, as long as you want to publish.
2. In hyperlink address, you could use parameter "page" to open specific page, like this:

http://bla-bla-bla/myWebPage-Apples.html?page=Page-3

Kind regards, Nikolay.

zannicorus

Let me start off by saying BOO YAH! :)

Thank you Yacine and Nikolay Belyh.

Yacine great work around.  I implemented that first because of the need of IIS on Nikolay's suggestion.  Sadly I got a no-go because directly linking to the gif_3.htm does retains interactivity in the graphic, it doesn't have the interface.

Nikolay, thank you for the tip.  The end deliverable is on a CD and to be used in a stand-alone (no network) environment.  Thankfully, the extra info on the end of line works without a Web Server.  Phew...  I've already done a small test on the CD and in the environment.  It WORKS!!!

Thank you both for replying quickly and awesomely.  I do hate delivering non-proffesional products and this was the last obstacle.  Thanks for helping me look good.   Soo... I feel the need to say it again... BOO YAH!