Shapes disappear when file is printed

Started by John Distai, June 23, 2010, 02:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Distai

Hi.  I'm having a rather perplexing issue with printing, and I wonder if there are any solutions or suggestions for how to fix this.

I am working on a drawing in Visio 2007.  I do not have any specific layers set up where I can turn the visibility on or off.  When I print to PDF, or even do a simple print preview, several of the shapes disappear.  Has anyone experienced this, and do you have any tips or solutions?

Thanks!

Paul Herber

Individual shapes can still have a non-printing status.
Select the shape:
menu Format -> Behavior
and ensure "Non-printing shape" is not ticked.

P.S. you can change all shapes in one go by doing Control-A first to select all shapes then do the above.
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

aledlund

the other two questions that come to mind are a.) what kind of shapes are they, and b.) what are you using for a pdf creator (goes to the drivers issue)?
al

John Distai

Paul,

I see how you gained "Hero Member" status!  Thank you for pointing out that setting, that setting was what was causing the problem.

Unfortunately, using Ctrl-A to select all the objects and changing the status doesn't seem to work for sets of grouped objects.  I have to sub-select the particular object and then change the behavior setting.  Is there an easier way to do this?

Alan - I am using Adobe Acrobat (the real, full version) for the print-to-pdf functionality.  This doesn't seem to be the issue since the behavior setting was as Paul had suggested it was.

Thanks!

Paul Herber

Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

Yacine

Hi John,
as I pointed out here, it is not obvious to change the properties of heterogenous sets.
Set your whole selection to "no print", then back to "print". Should work.
Yacine