Visio 2007 Sector Angles with shading question

Started by tdenham735, June 16, 2010, 05:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdenham735

Hello,

As a Visio novice, I'm not sure exactly what to call the shape I'm trying to describe, but here goes.

I'm using Visio to draw angles for a radar beam.  I'm using sectors because I need to draw the area within the beam, which displays the arc in degrees, but this does not allow shading inside the sector.

Is there a way to setup the angle so that the arc is displayed in degrees, such as 35 degrees and the inside of the angle is shaded?   

Basically I'm trying to draw a radar arc that I can shade (transparent shading) and display the measure of the angle in degrees.

Because a picture is worth a 1000 words...I have an example here with two shapes, one will do the shading, the other will display the angle, however I'm not able to make a single shape that can do both. 

Here are my two shape samples, which I'm trying to somehow combine:

http://tdenham.chickenkiller.com:82/pub/angle.vsd

Any ideas?

Thanks for taking time to read this far :)

Yacine

Hi tdenham,
watch the attachment, it should match your needs.
I' ll leave it to more eloquent posters to explain how it is done. It's just too late today.
Still, it was quite easy. You could have done it by yourselves if you would have watched the drawing explorer and the shape sheets of the sub-shapes.
Cheers.
Yacine

tdenham735

Any takers?  I'm just too new to visio to really understand how to put this stuff together...

Thanks.