Autopopulation of cells across sheets

Started by spfalz, May 06, 2010, 03:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spfalz

I am looking to input information into the text field of shapes on the first page of a 2-3 page document.  I am interested in autofilling the appropriate cells located on the other sheets.  Right now I can move numbers using evaltext, but i am looking to pass string data ... not just numbers.

Yacine

Yacine

spfalz

I am creating a template - it will have a 3 sheets, a cover page and two other sheets where drawings will be created.  In text boxes on the cover (or shapes with text) I am going to enter a project number, description, name, etc.  And I want this information to display on the 2 sheets that follow - exactly the same place exactly the same text.

I want to edit this box on the first page and have the information automatically inserted in the "linked" box on the pages that follow

wapperdude

Take a look at the post, "Linking Shapes", specifically my reply:  http://visguy.com/vgforum/index.php?topic=1671.msg7198#msg7198

You won't need to do the "group" thing, but the steps are the same:  1.) setup your master shape.  2.) duplicate it, and modify to reference the master shape.  This becomes the clone.  3.) Copy and place the clone as desired.

HTH
Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro