Cannot save Visio.officeUI for some reason

Started by viz10user, March 24, 2010, 04:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viz10user

When I try to save a custom 'Visio.officeUI' file to: %user%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\Visio.officeUI,
it never installs to the C:\User\[user]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office folder!
It still shows the old Visio.officeUI file in the destination folder.

Using Inno Setup installer (example):
Source: "C:\My Documents\Visio.officeUI"; DestDir: "{localappdata}\Microsoft\Office"

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but must be able to do this simple task of loading a custom ribbon with my installer?

Please help.

Windows 7 (64-bit), Visio 2010 beta
I'm not a programmer and I don't use any VBA or anything.

Paul Herber

Does the file work if you install it manually on your local system, or is it just an installer problem?

Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

viz10user

Yes, I can manually move it internally to the destination folder, also import/export works fine via the Visio Options.
For some reason it just won't work with an installer.

Paul Herber

So, it's an installer problem rather than a Visio problem.
Does the installer generate a log when doing the install? Is the installer Windows7 aware?
Have you tried any different installers?
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

viz10user

I just use the free 'Inno-Setup' installer (v5.3.8) which is Win7 aware I believe.
Haven't tried with any other installer, I'll see if there is a log file though..thanks.

viz10user

Is there a simple way to just load a custom ribbon (Visio.officeUI) with the drawing (.vsd)?
I am not a programmer and don't have any idea how to do this, and have read every thread out there.

viz10user

It works if saved as an XML code using VBA, or if written as an COM add-in.