Smart Callout Re-visited

Started by wapperdude, November 30, 2013, 06:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wapperdude

I've re-worked the smart callout previously found on this post:  Rectangular Callout: smart and flexible!; http://visguy.com/vgforum/index.php?topic=1472.msg6242#msg6242

The right click menu drives everything.  There are now 6 selectable shapes.  Three are generic:  rectangle, oval, triangle, and 3 are specific:  square, circle, equilateral triangle.

While this shape was intended to be a callout, if you set the number of connectors to zero, you get some basic, fundamental shapes as well. 

Enjoy!
Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

Yacine

On V2007 very weird things happen with the geometry section. You can try them all until you reach the circle option. It gets drawn as an oval instead of a circle. Then all the other shapes don't work anymore.
Wouldn't a group shape be easier to handle?

Cheers,
Yacine
Yacine

wapperdude

This was developed on V2007.  I did notice some weird things early on, but had them corrected.  Then I tested and re-tested.  Everything worked.  Will take another look.  Shouldn't be anything weird.

Thanks for finding that.

Watch for an update.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

wapperdude

Looks like there may have been a bad shape on the document stencil.

Anyway, cleaned out the document stencil.  Re-did the drawing from fresh placements.  Tested each shape.  Duplicated shapes and re-tested.  Tried various combinations and sequences of combinations. 

Thanks again for spotting the problem.  :D

Hopefully, this version is clean!!!   >:(

Wapperdude.
Visio 2019 Pro

Yacine

Absolutely perfect now. Never seen a better callout ;)
Yacine

wapperdude

Visio 2019 Pro

Nikolay

Thanks!

Just an idea:
In Visio 2010, there is a "FlyoutChild" which could allow to make menu more compact (e.g. to make "One", "Two", "Three" into a sub-menu)

wapperdude

I don't do V2010.   :o 

Wapperdude   8)
Visio 2019 Pro