Hyperlink Description for Mouse Over?

Started by Fish001, March 22, 2010, 12:26:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fish001

Hi,

I have searched and searched without success, I hope an experienced Visio user may be able to help.

My colleague and I are mapping business processes for a client and we are applying hyperlinks to different process boxes and also wish to add them to the Hyperlink Circles under Borders and Titles.

My colleague says the text in the Description field when adding a hyperlink used to come up when you would mouse over the shape in a browser, having Saved to Web. She thinks she was using IE6 when this worked, we are both using IE8 now and it does not work. The text in a process box will display as a hover but not the text in the Description field.

I have also tried several other browsers.

I guess the first question is, should the Description text show as a pop up when you mouse over it? And if so, can you please guide me as to how to get it to work?

Regards,

Greg.

Aeon

i'm guessing the text from the process box overrules the hyperlink description text popup.

what you can try is to draw a little square or something else, move it behind the shape, then group both of them together and place the hyperlink on the group, it should show the description then.
the downside to this is that you'll have to subselect the process box if you want to change anything about it as it will be grouped (unless you also adjust the group properties and process box properties to inherit from the group ones, for data that is.

Fish001

Aeon,

Thank you for your suggestion. Can I trouble you to tell me if you get this message, does it work for you and if so what browser are you using and which version of Visio?

Specifically, if you go into Borders & Titles and drag over a Hyperlink Circle, they are at the bottom, and then Insert>Hyperlink and put a Description, then publish to web and mouse over in browser?

Regards,

Greg.