shapes move to random location

Started by Renee, February 12, 2010, 04:48:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renee

I've created a UML Activity diagram with swimlanes.  I decided to resize the swimlanes so I selected all of them.  When I changed the width of the set, some of the objects within 2 of the lanes moved to a new location.  Some even moved off the drawing page.

What is causing this?

Eventhough I've turned the Snap option off, some of the shapes will not stay where I place them, including one of the swimlanes.

Does anyone know of a good book that explains how to draw UML diagrams using Visio 2007 Pro?  I looked for 2 days to figure out how to populate the State dropdown box of the Object in State shape.

Thanks,

Paul Herber

Quote from: Renee on February 12, 2010, 04:48:46 AM
I've created a UML Activity diagram with swimlanes.  I decided to resize the swimlanes so I selected all of them.  When I changed the width of the set, some of the objects within 2 of the lanes moved to a new location.  Some even moved off the drawing page.

Yes, that is what will happen when you do that.
There is a setting that is designed to keep shapes apart, changing it may affect other things but give it a go anyway.
Go back to your original version (you do have your original version don't you!), then menu File -> Page Setup -> Layout and Routing
and untick "Move other shapes away on drop".

Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

Renee

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!  I've spent sooooooooo many hours looking for the solution to this.

Your advice seems to have fixed it.

Thanks.
Renee