How do i keep the measurement floor a building layout on screen

Started by markcheal, February 08, 2010, 01:40:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markcheal

I am drawing up our workshop ,but i cant seem to keep all the measurent on the screen ,so I can print out.

Surely this is a simple fuction.

Can anyone help

Jumpy

It may be, that printing is disabled for the measurement shapes.

In the menu Format -> Behaviour you must uncheck "Non printable Shape"

---------------------

Another possibility is, that the shapes are on a layer where printing is disabled. In this case you have to check that option under: View -> Layer properties

(The menu items may have other names in english Visio versions, because I only translated the german menu item names.)

Paul Herber

These shapes have a property such that when the shape is selected the shape's dimensions are displayed. It's possible to override this (but there is a side-effect) - I assume here that you are using, say, the shape "room" from` the "Walls, Shell and Structure" stencil. Select the shape, then menu Window -> Show Shapesheet. There is a cell called User.visBESelected which will be set to the value "1" hopefully (as the shape has been selected. You want to change this to "=guard(1)".
What's the side-effect? Well, once you've forced this as the selected shape then selecting a different shape with this type of property will no longer display the dimensions so you have to set the User.visBESelected cell to "=guard(1)" in all the shapes where you want to show the dimensions.
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/