Working with connectors in visio

Started by visioN00b, January 30, 2010, 05:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visioN00b

I hope you have a good laugh at my expense, because I have a feeling this is rather simple to figure out...

When working with a right angle connector, I have found that you can get one connector to actually have two 90 right angles. (So it looks like three lines instead of two) Now, how this happens is beyond me. I somehow managed to get this to happen and I have just been duplicating that same connector when I need two 90 degree angles. (lol)

I notice there is a + at one end of the connector and an x at the other end. Does this have anything to do with creating the second 90 degree angle?

Thank you.

Jumpy

The + and x are only to distinguish between Begin end End of every Connector.

I'm don't know the connenctor you are working with, so I can't help with your imidiate problem.

wapperdude

Depending upon how you have your "glue" options set, once a connector is glued to a shape, then you can select and drag the yellow control handle in the middle of the connector to add more corners, or as you've pointed out, more line segments.  

Either gluing to a connector point or setting glue to shape geometry will permit this behavior.

HTH
Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

visioN00b

Thanks! This makes perfect sense now. Thanks again!