[Tutorial] SHH or Telnet to a device

Started by incubii, April 24, 2008, 02:02:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bghotra

I was able to make it work but would still like to know what's the right way to do if you want to use the name of the file?

Thx.

aledlund

" if you want to use the name of the file", what file?
al

netorney

Every time I paste "=CALLTHIS("ThisDocument.manageDevice",,Prop.IPAddress,Prop.ConnectionType)"  into "Actions" I receive an "Error in Formula" message?  I tried it on Visio 2010 and 2013.  If I put in "=CALLTHIS("ThisDocument.manageDevice",,) I do not receive the error.  I am able to do all the other steps in this tutorial without a problem.

aledlund

when you perform a callthis with a list of parameters
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ms406651(v=office.12).aspx
the list of parmaeters must match the macro that you are calling against. If you add/delete one of the parameters you
get the 'does not match' error.
al

netorney

Making progress.  The problem was that I  inserted a new row in "Shape Data" and it was named Prop.Row22.  I received an error when I went to rename it by pasting "Prop.ConnectionType" into it.  I had to paste only "ConnectionType" into it and it became "Prop.ConnectionType" .  Now I can paste the "CALLTHIS...." into the Action" without an error.  My next problem is where to put the actual "-ssh" option and  actual "ip address" into the shapesheet?  When I click "Manage Device" I get the message "Use 0 to connect to device 0".  Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

netorney

I got it to work by putting in the values in the Prop. rows Value box as "ssh" and "1.1.1.1".  I was getting an error because i was putting it in without quotes. Thank you.

haris

Hi,

I would like to add telnet/ putty in visio. can you clear the steps again. i am using visio 2013

Thanls in advance

Kickn4ss

Yeah..... this post has been dead for 3 years but here I am.

Visio 2010, Windows 7 Ent.

Trying to figure out how in the world to get Visio to open PuTTY, or SecureCRT, etc, and ssh to the IP address of the icon. Just click and boom pops up asking for credentials.

I tried following along with the post but got lost..

Any assistance is appreciated!

Thanks,
Hunter