Updating Visio timeline created from MS Project

Started by Jeff7715, November 28, 2009, 03:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff7715

Hi,
I have recently started using MS Visio 2007 & am impressed by some of its features. I have created timeline in Visio by importing data from MS Project. The part where I have got stuck is that how to link the data so as to have the Visio automatically updates the timeline every time the data in MS Project is updated. I have tried the refresh data under the data tab in the toolbar but it is dimmed and is not activated.
Would surely like some help. My email is mjaferm@yahoo.com.
Thanks in advance.
Jafer

Jeff7715

Thank you for the reply but this info does not address my original post which was "How to sync MS Visio & MS Project so as to have the Visio automatically update the timeline as and when the data of MS Project is changed".
I hope there is a solution for this out there and somebody may be kind enough to either inform us about it or if possible, develop one.

aledlund

I answered it over on the microsoft forum. The answer remains that in order to 'automatically update based on project changes' would require that custom code be written. The trigger side is obviously on the MS Project side of the equation.
:-)
Since many (fee based) professionals monitor this forum, the development process probably can be arranged.
al

Jeff7715

Hello,
I recently saw your question on http://www.generation-nt.com/us/user/login/ and yes I am using MS Visio Professional Edition.  :)
Sorry for the late reply but your response was on another forum.
Thank you