How to Get Small Angle Using "Angle center" Visio Dimension Line?

Started by ivan, November 24, 2009, 02:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivan

There's a master called "angle center" that shows angle betweeb two lines. In my case i got a draft edited via macros: there's two vectors set to different angles.
The problem is that master  "angle center" sometimes shows angles like 240, 355 deg (i.e more then 180 degrees). How can i make it always show smaller angle between two lines ?

Visio Guy

Hi bdfy,

To configure the angle dimension line, you have to deal with three main handles:

1. Green center handle
2. Green point-on-angle handle
3. Yellow point-on-angle handle

Of course, handle 1 goes at the center point. The next handle to position is #2, which you want to do such that it is the first "side" of the angle when you are going counter-clockwise. Handle 3 then needs to be on the second "side" of the angle, further along in the CCW direction.

If you are seeing a large angle, swap the positions of handle 2 and 3.

See the illos I've attached....

- Chris
For articles, tips and free content, see the Visio Guy Website at http://www.visguy.com
Get my Visio Book! Using Microsoft Visio 2010

ivan

man, i know how do it "by hand". the problem is that file is updated and printed automatically many times (just with different imput data like angles, length etc) - i want the angle to be changed correctly automatically via master

wapperdude

Requires modifying shapesheet ==> new Master.   See attached.  Keeps angle to less than 180Deg.  You'll have to save this as a new master.

HTH
Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro