Shape behaving wiered when used inside a tempate.

Started by talmosco, March 05, 2010, 02:04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

talmosco

Hi experts,

I'm using Visio 2007 and developed a set of shapes that are UI building blocks for a custom
programming language (e.g. text-field, drop-down menu, etc).  They are used by our UI
designers for rapid prototyping, and work well when used inside a blank drawing.

However, if I use them inside a template that was developed by another team, the Shapes
L&F changes automatically for no reason as soon as I drag them into the template drawing.
Specifically, font type and size changes on the fly, and resize behaviour breaks.

Even more odd is the fact that I can drag a Shape from the Shapes Window into the template
and see the correct (original) font-type & size while dragging, but as soon as I release the shape
into the drawing, the L&F changes.  Any usual suspects? 

thanks in advance!
Tal.

p.s: I originally thought there's a compatibility issue between the template and the stencils, but both were
developed in V2007.  Also, I'm only using Shape Sheet functions, no VB or any other coding backend support.
p.s.s: I would attach the files but they're above the size limit (~3MB, can email them on request).

Aeon

can't you use the guard() function to prevent the font being adapted?

talmosco

issue solved: they (template dev team) defined Styles that overwrote my Shapes' settings.... silly me :)

thanks anyways!