Drawing Plats Using Metes & Bounds

Started by wiltonco, June 10, 2008, 02:22:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Henry

My Visio 2007 has a property line shape in the Visio Extras>Annotations stencil. It works the same as the add-in posted in this thread minus the 'Create Property Outline' ability.

Can this shape be made to do the same? And also, is there a way to set the bearings for only one line? If I try doing it with the 'Create Property Outline' function and un-check 'Automatically close shape', I do come out with one line but with the wrong bearings.    IE I enter S 86 deg 18'14" E    it renders a line with S 82 deg 24' 14" E

Thanks 

Jon

Kaziklu

Quote from: Visio Guy on June 10, 2008, 07:23:02 AM
Hi wiltonco,

I know exactly what you mean, since I wrote the add-on for Visio 4.0 that did just what you need. Problem is, I can't find it in Visio 2007, so I'll have to check what happened to it, and if it is still somewhere to be found.

It may be that it was removed from the product as far back as Visio 2002.

- Chris

I downloaded your add-on and it seems to work with the Office 2003 version of Visio, thank
you very much...

Why would Microsoft delete that particular little bit of functionality...  did someone
discover it was calculating inaccurately?  Is Bill worried about liability if somebody is able to
input deed descriptions and use them for legal purposes?  Is there some sort of  security issue
(I got several security warnings, in particular about "macros" while installing it, which I
figured were just because it's now a "foreign object").  It just seems weird that they'd reach
that deep into a product to delete something that obscure...

MasonicMBA

I managed to download the zip file and have Property Line added to my shapes in Visio. Can you plot curve data as well? I work with a lot of descriptions and it helps to plug the data in to properly identify a shape. It appears there is only a line tool.

MasonicMBA

Quote from: MasonicMBA on April 11, 2024, 07:52:20 PMI managed to download the zip file and have Property Line added to my shapes in Visio. Can you plot curve data as well? I work with a lot of descriptions and it helps to plug the data in to properly identify a shape. It appears there is only a line tool.
"Irrational People Make Life Difficult" - Rutger Hauer, Blind Fury