Cannot apply Data graphics on Exchange 2007 roles server shapes

Started by filoup, June 09, 2008, 01:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filoup

I cannot apply Data Graphics on servers role shapes (Edge server, Client Access server, Mailbox server etc... )on the Exchange server 2007 stencil. Any idea?

Thanks

Lars-Erik

You will have to create your own data graphic for them.
The first link on this page has some nice information
After creating one, you can apply that one to all the shapes you want.

A second way is to copy a shape that you CAN create data graphics on, to your drawing, that should allow you to apply that data graphic to the other shapes on the page aswell

- Lars

filoup

Sorry but it didn't work for me, something is going wrong.

Visio Guy

Hi filoup,

Are you getting this message?

The selected shapes do not contain any data fields shown by this data graphic. Do you want to choose new fields to display?

I noticed that the shapes you mentioned don't have any Shape Data fields, so there is nothing for the data graphics to display...
For articles, tips and free content, see the Visio Guy Website at http://www.visguy.com
Get my Visio Book! Using Microsoft Visio 2010

filoup

Hi,

I created custom data fields for each shapes, but get the same problem.

-Filoup

Visio Guy

Do the custom data fields match those of the pre-existing Data Graphic fields?

You might have to create a new Data Graphic, or re-define the fields that the existing one maps to. That error that you get takes you right to the "Redefinition Dialog"
For articles, tips and free content, see the Visio Guy Website at http://www.visguy.com
Get my Visio Book! Using Microsoft Visio 2010

filoup

I tried both of then, and still no data graphic on the shape. I'm giving up soon. Have you tried yourself with the exchange 2007 stensil?

Lars-Erik

When you made your first post, I downloaded the stencil, added a new data graphic and all was fine, I did have to add a data graphic first though. I got my stencil from Visguy's article that can be found:
here
I'll download it again when I get home, add a data graphic, save it and upload it. Maybe that will be helpfull...

- Lars

filoup

It works without any problems for most of the shapes(those who have Defined Shape Data), but did you try with the 'Hub Transport Server Role' shape for ex, this one has no standard shape data. I Create some custom shape data, and create a new data graphic and link the new data fields in the 'Edit Data Graphics' window. Nothing