I need help in setting the formula and shape sheet cells for callout text colors

Started by Lizzy, October 05, 2009, 10:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lizzy

I have a rectangle shape where the fill color is controlled by the color by value of a data graphic. The text color affects the shape's text (i.e. white when the fill is a dark color, otherwise black.) I use 3 text callouts within the same data graphic to superimpose text (top, center and bottom) over the rectangle shape. My problem is that the text callout  text colors are controlled by the format text user interface and currently that is Black.  I want the Text color of the callouts to have the same behavior as "the Text" of the shape which is controlled by the Color by Value settings.

I think the question I am asking is" How do I guard each individual callout text color to equal the Text color setting of the Color by Value for the data graphic".  Since each text callout has its own child shape sheet, I am thinking that I need to insert a formula on each text callout shape sheet that points back to the text color value of the parent shape (as set in the Color by Value setting).

I have tried to do this with Visio user interface controls with no luck. Can you point me to the formula and section / cell   OR is there a simpler way to accomplish my objective.

Thanks!

Lizzy  :)

wapperdude

You're on the right track.  In each of the three text shapesheets, go to the Character section, and for the Color cell, enter the formula:  Guard(Sheet.X!char.color) where X is the id number of your parent shape.

HTH
Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro