How do you link multiple Visio diagrams together?

Started by Balenzano, October 14, 2009, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balenzano

I have a number of Visio diagrams for our data center and server cabinets. I would like to be able to click on a row of cabinets and drill down to the cabinet and server.

Has anyone done this before? I can't seem to find any instructions on how this can be done.

Cheers,

Mike    ???

scott

You can create hyperlinks from a Visio drawing to just about anything -- including another Visio drawing. You can link to a page or you can link to a specific shape on a page.

Select the shape to which you want to add a hyperlink and press CTRL+K to open the hyperlink dialog. After browsing to and selecting the target file, click the browse button to the right of the sub-address field and you'll see a dropdown list of pages in the target document. If you want to link to a shape on that page, you fall victim to one of the least well designed dialogs in Visio -- you can't select a shape on the target page, you must know its name. However, if you do get the name right, your hyperlink will open directly to the target shape (use the zoom setting to control how tight or wide the view will be).

Balenzano

Thanks Scott, I'll try this and let the board know how it goes ....

Mike