VBA not installed or cannot be initialized

Started by Lars-Erik, June 18, 2008, 06:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lars-Erik

I tried opening my Visio template this morning just to find out Visio says theres something wrong.
When i try and open my VBA editor I get an error saying something like VBA is not installed or cannot be initialized.

I made backups so i have SOME of my code, but if I lose the code in the file that will be a massive setback none the less.

Anyone ever had this problem? or know what might be causing this?

It's crisis mode! I have to give a presentation to some of the top people of my company to show the progress of my project. Would be a pain in the ass to not have all my VBA code working :S

- Lars

edit: the english error message is:
"The operation cannot be performed because VBA is not installed or could not
be initialized. You can continue running Visio."

Visio Guy

Can you get to the VBA editor at all (Alt + F11) ?
Have your security settings changed?
For articles, tips and free content, see the Visio Guy Website at http://www.visguy.com
Get my Visio Book! Using Microsoft Visio 2010

Lars-Erik

I cant get in when the document is loaded, when its not i can get in
When i open the editor and then the file, nothing shows up in the editor.

No security settings changed, there on low, and the folder its in is trusted :(

Lars-Erik

A small glimmer of hope, setting the security to high still tells me the file has macro's and that it has disabled them.
So the code should still be in the file somewhere! Give me back my code Visio!

Lars-Erik

Just as an update:

Ive gone back to a backup I made two days before, though losing some code, I was able to recode most of it within a day. I think it might have had something to do with the digital signature I gave the Visio file. Needless to say, I've deleted the digital signature and am not planing to use it again...

- Lars