Context menu on shape's page ?

Started by tommy, September 30, 2009, 07:55:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommy

Hi,

I'd like to add a context menu to my shape. Let's say that my shape has following structure:

Page
- Shape1
- Shape2
     + Shape 2.1
     + Shape 2.2

Its easy to add a context menu on shape components like Shape 1 or Shape 2.2 however I can't find a solution regarding adding
context menu to a page. I mean - I defined context menu for a page like I did for other shape components through actions using ShapeSheet and saved the changes but whenever I drag & drop a shape on a new drawing and right click on the shape, the options defined before just don't show up! Instead I have to select a concrete shape component within my shape and then use the right click - not the best solution.

Do you know how to overcome this problem ?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
tommy

aledlund

Just so we're all on the same page ;). It sounds like you are attempting to create a default action menu (specific to a page) that get's applied whenever you drop a new shape onto the page.
Correct so far?
al

vojo

wouldnt this be simple triggering on eventfx in the page shapesheet?

Ie when a shape is dropped, doesnt that trigger the eventfx of the page since the "format" of the page has changed.  That could be used to trigger some drop down (custom props, list shape that appears only on page change/goes away after exit, ext)

Pretty easy to experiment with to see

vojo

ok...my bad...no eventfx cell at page level.

will think about this further

aledlund

You can have an action menu for a page (assign it to the pagesheet). You can also capture the shape dropped event and then assign the action menu's to the shape when that happens (I do that while purging any shape properties not associated with my code). Both require you capture the object being added (page or shape).
al