Native-Visio Office Icon Shapes?

Started by Nikolay, August 24, 2009, 08:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikolay

Is there a "visio version" of office shapes (office icons)?

Like these ones, but built as "native Visio shapes", i.e. as vector shapes?
I mean, made with curves/polylines? Probably not as shiny as those from the above topic, but scalable?

Thanks in advance!
Kind regards, Nikolay.

Visio Guy

I've drawn a few Visio icons over the years, but haven't seen a set of Visio-native icons for Office.

Regular icons work pretty well if you import them into Visio. They're not vector, but these days they have pretty nice shading and colors, and you can find fairly high-resolution version out on the net. Might not be worth the effort of vector-ising them...?
For articles, tips and free content, see the Visio Guy Website at http://www.visguy.com
Get my Visio Book! Using Microsoft Visio 2010

Nikolay

Hello, Chris!

Thank you for reply.
My problem is, the raster images don't look that great in the SVG-export from Visio... especially if you try to resize the generated SVG... They can become either distorted, or blurred, or whatever... Probably one could fix the scale of raster images in generated SVG somehow, but I haven't found a proper solution yet... If I could do that (prevent the resize of raster-images in generated SVG) then this shall also be OK.

I.e. actually I need to export these from visio, not import them into Visio...
So, since vector images behave much better with the resize, I thought I could replace the raster images with vector ones... ;)