Gantt chart help

Started by mgarrison, February 07, 2012, 07:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgarrison

I'm trying to set up a Gantt Chart that has a time line for a certain task then the time line changes color when it goes past the due date.
Any ideas?

wapperdude

That's not too difficult.

1.)  Identify the shape you want to change color -- this usually is a double click to push down thru the hierarchy of the timeline shape.
2.) Open the shapesheet.
3.)  Look at the Shape Transform section and take note of the Width cell.  It will say something like Sheet.503!Width *1.  The prefix will be of interest as that should be the parent shape that has the end time information.  In this case, Sheet.503.
4.)  Scroll down to the Fill Format section.  The FillForegnd cell is of interest. It should have some long formula, e.g., blah(blahblah)))
5.)  This is the cell you want to edit.  Add an "IF" statement.  Something like:  =IF(date1>date2,blah(blahblah))),RGB(255,255,0))
6.)  Now the tricky part.  Date1 and Date2.  Keep the shapesheet open, but deselect the shape, then re-select the topshape and open its shapesheet.  Should be something.503 but maybe something else.
7.)  Date1 will be something like Prop.End and Date2 something like Prop.ActualEnd.  By default, these are equal.  Substitute these formulas for date1 and date2 in step5.
8.)  The final formula will be something like:  =IF( Sheet.503!Prop.End> Sheet.503!Prop.ActualEnd,blah(blahblah))),RGB(255,255,0))

Now, if the actual end date is greater than Date1, the if statement will be false and the color will be yellow RGB(255,255,0).  Set RGB to whatever you want.

Hope this helps.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

mgarrison

I'll try that and post my results==Thanks