Database Wizard add-on

Started by RedtoGreen, February 19, 2010, 04:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedtoGreen

I was playing around with the database wizard add-on (and the Database Export Wizard), really just to see what they did/how they worked.

I had made a seperate file that I was using to experiment with it.  Once I'd finished using it, I closed and deleted that file.  However, I seem to have somehow kept the 'settings' that the wizard leaves behind.  Now my main file (visio org chart) keeps trying to communicate with the excel spreadsheet, even though I don't want it to.  I was using the executive shape to test out the wizard, and now whenever I right-click on the shape it has the "Select Database Record"... "Refresh Shape Properties" etc options on the menu bar.  Moreover, whenever I try to import info from an excel spreadsheet it comes up with an error message saying it "can't read the link information stored in the shape".

How do I stop Visio from doing that?  ie turn-off the add-on?

I can remove the right-click menu options fine (shapesheet), but it's the linking to the spreadsheet option I really need to get rid of, so that the error message stops coming up.

Like I say, I was only experimenting with this feature, so can't remember *exatly* what I did or did not do, so if something in the above does not quite make logical sense, feel free to guess a bit at what I may have done originally....

I'll keep working on it in the mean time!

aledlund

I'd probably start by investigating what may have been changed/added to the odbc settings.
al