Rotate Angle Connector

Started by YossiD, June 21, 2009, 05:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YossiD

I need a connector shape that begins with a horizontal line and then angles up or down. The Angle Connector shape in Visio does just the opposite - begins with a vertical line and then angles left or right. The Angle Connector shape cannot be rotated, so I can't get it to behave the way I want.

Does anyone have an angle connector shape that does what I wnat?

Thanks

wapperdude

Try these on for size.  The left one is a horizontal only version of the vertical only angled connector.  The right one is a universal implementation with no restrictions on the placement of the diamond.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

YossiD

This is outstanding. Thanks so much.

vojo

fyi...JuneTheSecond has a whole family of intelligent connectors like this.   May want to take a look.

VG edit: start here for more June-madness: Go 3D with Free Isometric Piping Shapes for Visio

YossiD

These connectors work exactly as I need, and I have managed to modify them to add additional bends.

I have not managed, however, to figure out how to get them to add jumps when crossing another connector. Does anyone know how to do that?

Thanks.

wapperdude

The line jump feature is associated with the connector shape, not "lines".  Since these shapes are lines, then to have line jumps, I'm pretty sure it would take a bit of code to instantiate the "jumps".  I suspect that's why JuneTheSecond's shapes have white around them. 

If you adhere to the drawing convention of "no 4-way connections", then line jumps, breaks, even "dots" are unnecessary.  That's why I didn't add anything special for line crossings.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro