Question: Can VBA highlighting a path (Thread) of a Visio Document

Started by jbs, June 19, 2009, 04:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbs

I have a very content rich single page communications document made up of all types of visio objects. 

The problem I'm having is when it's presented in a meeting, the audience members gasp at it's perceived complexity.

I'd like to highlight specific threads of the document, with the remaining non-path touch points shadded, or somehow de-emphasised (gradient transparency perhaps?) for presentation and explanation.  Also, I don't want to simply replicate the document X # of times for each thread, because it would make maintenance over the next year a nightmare!

Is this possible with VBA? If so, could I please have an example? 

If not possible, could someone pose an option?

thanks to all in advance,

aledlund

Just for the fun of it.
Your master document as a background page (page setup)
Your 'filter' as a background page, with your master set as the background page to your filter page. You can then overlay transparent shapes as appropriate to 'hide' different functions.
Your 'filter' page as a background for your working/presentation sets. This allows you to have multiple filters to discuss subsets of your master document. The master is changed only when needed, your presentation modified for the audience you work with.
al

jbs

I'll try that method, it certainly sounds more simple than what I'd imagined.  Thank you for your post.

wapperdude

You might want to check out Visio Guy's SuperMask, http://www.visguy.com/2008/11/28/super-mask-visio-clipping-shape/.  It allows you to use various shapes to "highlight" regions of a drawing.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro