Smart shape with shape data

Started by XavierPi, October 31, 2023, 08:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XavierPi

Hi,

First, pardon me, I'm pretty newbie  ;D

I bought stencil, for home automation system, A/V rack, etc ....

When I select a stencil, in Shape Data, I have the possibility to select the model. But, what I would like to do, it's to change the stencil, according to a model in a shape data .

Is it possible ? If yes ... how ???

Thank you very much for your help and patience !!

Surrogate

Quote from: XavierPi on October 31, 2023, 08:06:04 PM

When I select a stencil, in Shape Data, I have the possibility to select the model. But, what I would like to do, it's to change the stencil, according to a model in a shape data .

Can you share more details?

XavierPi

Here an exemple. But, I want change stencil, not just the write

Surrogate

Please check the parts of your master-shape!
What do you need to change ?
If you need just change Model's list, please change Prop.Model.Format.

XavierPi

But, if i want to change de style of the stencil. Par exemple, core 1 is a round stencil, but, when i select core 3, i want a square stencil instead the round. Is it possible ?

Surrogate

Quote from: XavierPi on November 01, 2023, 11:08:56 AMIs it possible ?
Of course!
Please watch this video with sub-titles in your language!

wapperdude

QuoteWhen I select a stencil
QuoteI want change stencil
Quotechange de style of the stencil

The correct term/description is shape, not stencil.  An actual object is called shape.  A stencil is a collection of various shapes.  A stencil, as such, is a designated file type, .vssx for example.  The shapes are further distinguished with prefix master., that is referencing a shape on a stencil is a master shape.  Shapes on a drawing page are just shapes. 

Beware!  The 1st time a master shape is dragged and onto a drawing page, Visio makes a replica master on the document stencil and a copy of the master on drawing page.  The shape on the drawing page points to the replica master, not the original master.  Consequently, if you edit the master shape, those changes don't show in either the page nor the replica shapes.  But, for new drag and drops, the changes will be shown.  The replica shape must also be updated with the change.  This will then update all shapes on all pages that reference the replica master, i.e., the document stencil copy.
Visio 2019 Pro

XavierPi

Sorry i didnt test yet !

I come back to you soon i try it !

Thanks so much for the informations guys

XavierPi

For any reason, my formula is not accept ...

Yacine

Yacine

Paul Herber

You show Sheet.111 and Sheet.112
Sheet.113?
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

XavierPi

Hum ok sorry ... formula work ...
But, when I select "True" in Geometry1.noshow , my shape don't disapear. Why ?

Surrogate

Quote from: XavierPi on November 29, 2023, 02:39:53 PM

But, when I select "True" in Geometry1.noshow , my shape don't disapear. Why ?
You mean True explicitly or via your formula with LOOKUP ?

wapperdude

QuoteBut, when I select "True" in Geometry1.noshow , my shape don't disapear. Why ?

Right click in the shapesheet and select show values.  The Geometry1.No show cell must evaluate to True or 1, both are same, for that geometry section to disappear.   If there are other Geometry sections and or text, those will still be visible.  You must either hide all geometries plus the text (it's in Misc section) or assign the shape to a layer and toggle its visibility.  This will completely hide the shape without having to do any shapesheet editing....affects all geometry sections, text, and subshapes if it is a group parent shape.

As Paul Herber indicated, you do not show shapesheet for shape.113. Why is .112 shown?  Also, the pics don't completely show the formulas.  Can you upload a simple, no proprietary example.  That way we can tell exactly what/how your implementation is done.
Visio 2019 Pro

XavierPi

Seems complicate  ;D

So, the best option is to select each geometry/text in my shape and select my formula on each of them ?

With layer, can I hide the shape when i select a shape data ?