Opening a Visio vsdm project in Presentation Mode

Started by Jim Blanchard, October 25, 2023, 11:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wapperdude

QuoteI am not familiar with any of the other platforms people are referring to, are there any out there that will allow a user to use the controls and allows it to open in full screen, or presentation mode?

Here's link to more in-depth discussion regarding Visio Teams.  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/visio/visual-collaboration

WRT to Visio Viewer:  See this link.  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/visio/free-visio-viewer

The link provides connections to various means of sharing, viewing, editing files in addition to the viewer.  The viewer has two versions, desktop and web-based.  You cannot edit with viewer.   Since you know your needs, application, team / org size, it is more prudent for you to review these in terms of applicability, cost.
Visio 2019 Pro

Jim Blanchard

Nikolay's find did actually work.

Yes it most certainly did!!  You people are awesome!  Thanks for all the help. 

I opened a new blank visio vdsm document, copied and placed the code into ThisDocument and it worked! 

I did the same thing with  the current project I am working on and an error window popped up stating " Can't exit design mode because control 'CommandButton1'.  I expect this is a problem with the code and will have to look for it. 

I have assigned names to all controls that have been integrated into the application but there are still a few that have the default names.

Now for the search.....

Jim Blanchard

Found the problem was on a Background page called VBackground-1.  Removed that page, saved the file as a copy, reopened the document and it worked.

So I re-opened the original file, the one still with the VBackground-1 page, selected everything and deleted it.  Built another background and all works as it should.

You people have no idea how happy this has made me, maybe I'll go get drunk to celebrate.

Jim Blanchard

"So I re-opened the original file, the one still with the VBackground-1 page, selected everything and deleted it.  Built another background and all works as it should."

I selected everything on the Vbackground-1 page and deleted it.

wapperdude

Visio 2019 Pro