How do you FLIP an OrgChart?

Started by Nikolay, October 06, 2023, 10:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikolay

Got a question today from a user: How do you FLIP and OrgChart?
So that it's from the bottom to the top. The root is at the bottom, and it builds up to the top.

They have tried to use the "Position => Rotate Page => Flip Vertical" function, but that destroys the OrgChart connectors.

This answer for example seem to be not working with the new shapes:
https://groups.google.com/g/microsoft.public.visio.general/c/o90G1LYbtlQ

My answer is: this is impossible now in Visio. But maybe it's just me  ;D

wapperdude

Haven't tried the referenced John Goldsmith suggestion nor played around with this, but...

I'm inclined to agree with Nikolay.  However, @Nikolay, after you made John's Doc stencil edits, did you drag new drawing shapes from there or from the normal stencil?   It would seem that any new shapes added to drawing must be dragged/dropped using only the editted shapes.
Visio 2019 Pro

Nikolay

I did not edit much here actually, just watched a lady's suffering, while she was bravely fighting with connectors running in all directions like cockroaches (after flipping the org chart as shown in the above post), and my heart was bleeding :)

The Visio Org Chart is great, but it could have been so much more flexible.

wapperdude

Quotewas bravely fighting with connectors running in all directions like cockroaches
>:( ??? :o  ;D ;D ;D

I cannot think of a more apt description of connectors!!!  Perfect.  I hate those little buggers!!!
Visio 2019 Pro