dynamic text box on multiple pages

Started by Tony B, August 10, 2023, 06:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony B

Hey all,
I've researched this and thought I understood the necessary steps to have a dynamic text box on a second page, but clearly I'm missing something basic. Screenshot 1 shows the Title Page with the 'anchor' text box, which is functioning as intended - I enter data into Shape Data - Sheet.1081 and it updates the 'anchor' text box in the NOTES field, which in turn updates the text box floating above.
Screenshot 2 shows the result after I move the 'floating' text box from the Title Page to the Background (secondary) page and adjust the formula as I believe it should be based on the interwebz help articles/videos I've reviewed. What am I missing?!? If it matters, I'm running Visio Professional 2019. Thank you!

Tony Baker

Surrogate

Quote from: Tony B on August 10, 2023, 06:00:24 PM
from the Title Page
Hi, Tony!

You sure that Title Page is page's universal name ?
Quote from: Surrogate on May 21, 2020, 01:13:25 PMHope my Snippet for ShapeSheet can helps you
Please try this way for know universal name?

Tony B

Hey there,
Thank you for the prompt reply! It might not be, I was using the name in the tab. I will have a look at your Snippet for Shape Sheet link and circle back if I'm still stumped.....which is likely.  ;D

Tony Baker

Yacine

Here is an exercise on global variables - with shapesheet functions only - and with two input methods.
Check the attached Visio drawing.

I was actually looking for a method to call the props dialog of the document, but didn't find any that would not involve macros or the use of the drawing explorer.
Would some else know of "nice" alternatives?
Yacine

Surrogate

Yacine

Quote from: Surrogate on August 13, 2023, 06:58:39 PM
May be DOCMD(1312)?

Yes, of course. But how to trigger without using a macro?
I tried targeting a helper field.
from "button" shape: setf(getref(thedoc!user.helper),not(thedoc!user.helper))
in the doc: user.helper gets a 0 or 1
in the doc: user.helper2 = dependson(user.helper) + docmd(1213)
But funny enough this opened the props dialog of the calling "button" shape, not of the doc.
It seems that docmd(1213) opens the dialog of the selected shape, not the calling one.

Yacine

Surrogate

Quote from: Yacine on August 14, 2023, 06:20:34 AM
It seems that docmd(1213) opens the dialog of the selected shape, not the calling one.
Yes, MS change double-click event about decade ago!

This works correctly only for shapes with the Group Only in option in the Selection drop-down list!
In other cases the second mouse click selects one of the nested group sub-shapes!

Yacine

That is not what I meant.
I use a shape on the drawing to trigger docmd in the doc, but Visio opens the one of the shape.
Yacine

Surrogate

wapperdude

Neither TheDoc nor ThePage shapesheets have an Event section.  Thus, there is no way for them to directly recognize a double click event.  That is, their shapesheets cannot accommodate a double click event.
Visio 2019 Pro