snap only to visible grid

Started by ethelberttaylo, July 14, 2023, 10:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ethelberttaylo

Hello,

I like to put rectangles and have the corners snap only to visible lines. I have looked at View->Visual aids->General and put a check in the currently active snap and the snap to grid. When I drag rectangles around, I can leave them on locations that arethe grid lines and also locations that are not the grid lines. Is there a way to make it go only on the grid lines?

Also, the quantity of grid lines change as I zoom in and out. Is there a way to force them to be always the same distance in mm apart?

Thanks

vojo

align ==> snap to grid

There is also a more manual way...I have to dig up
If I recall, its something like

user.x = setatref(pinx, rounddn(pinx,0))
basically, it gets current pinx and rounds it down  to integer  then place result back in pinx

user.y = setatref(piny,rounddn(piny,0))

also
http://www.visguy.com/2019/09/11/hex-snap-glue-shapes/

wapperdude

Couple additional points...
In the Visual Aids section, you may want to deselect the Ruler snap to option, or, open the Advanced tab and set it's strength to be 0 or very small.

Now, expand the Show section to bring up the Ruler & Grid menu window.  You can change the Horizontal and Vertical Grid spacing using the pull-down menus.  There is choice to set to Fixed.  You must also set the Minimum Spacing to be something other than zero.

Don't believe there are any additional, pertinent settings.
Visio 2019 Pro