Unable to edit shapes

Started by Totores, April 06, 2023, 12:20:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Totores

Hi all,
this is my first post on the forum and I apologies if I have posted this in the wrong section.

need some help with Visio and editing shapes.
Some time ago I used to be able to import CAD (DWG) drawings, convert it and make simple changes to shapes by hovering over the outline of the shapes and when purple dots appeared I could move these to change the shape or delete some of the lines within the shapes. Now for some reasons I'm no longer able to, here is what happens.

today I have drawn this shape (attached) using the pencil tool, I would like to alter this shape slightly by straightening the vertical line on the left, can't do it.

Hope i have explained myself clearly let me know if anyone needs clarification or additional information.

USING:
Windows 10
Visio (V2301)

Thanks

Surrogate

Visio 2019 Prof (64-bit)
Windows 10 (64-bit)

Totores

Many thanks for what seems to be a simple solution. Has this always been the way to do this? I'm pretty sure before all you needed to do is to hoover over the shape (not having the line tool selected) and the editing points would show up.

Thank you 

wapperdude

I believe that was true, but at some point M$ broke it.  There is a setting, Hover Shows more points, but it seems ineffective.  V2019 Pro, the basic built-in shapes demonstrate that functionality, but user created shapes do not.
Visio 2019 Pro

Surrogate

Quote from: wapperdude on April 11, 2023, 05:56:49 AM
There is a setting, Hover Shows more points, but it seems ineffective.  V2019 Pro, the basic built-in shapes demonstrate that functionality
Hi, Wapperdude!
Where we can find this opportunity ?

wapperdude

File>Options>Advanced.  Check box:  Show more shape handles on hover
Visio 2019 Pro