Stuck in <GROUP>, drawing pages inaccessible

Started by eric_the_red, March 13, 2023, 11:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eric_the_red

So I was editing my background title page which has a custom L-scape frame. Saved my file while I was in there and accidently closed my file and not the group.  When I re-opened the file, it re-opens to the <group> editor and I cannot close the group to get back to my pages.
If I select 're-order pages' I can see all 6-pages of my drawing, and can re-arrange them, but cannot get to them.
All jump-to-page tools are grayed out.
No page tabs at the bottom
Switch windows only shows the <GROUP>
I tried making a new page, but all it does is make a new page in the group rather than a regular Visio page.
All efforts to google this only show two solutions and I have tried both.

HELP!!!!

Yacine

1. Could you tell what two solutions you tried?
2. I wonder if this group window could be closed by means of a macro. Alt-F11 to get the VBA IDE.
Then: Application.ActiveWindow.Close
Or activate another window by : Application.Windows.ItemEx("Zeichnung1").Activate
Yacine

Surrogate

Quote from: Yacine on March 14, 2023, 07:09:40 AMThen: Application.ActiveWindow.Close
Urgent: Sometimes users close all windows (including the document itself). The window within the group is the only window. This option can close the document without saving.

eric_the_red

This actually worked, ISSUE RESOLVED!!!!

1. Open drawing in Visio

2. Press Shift + F11 to create new page - when prompted for page type click Cancel

3. Pres Ctrl + PageUp and you will see your drawing page (not group page).

4. Save drawing. Close Visio. Reopen drawing and it should be OK

Surrogate

Quote from: eric_the_red on March 14, 2023, 03:40:57 PM2. Press Shift + F11 to create new page - when prompted for page type click Cancel
This step may differ for different visio versions! (proof)