currupt shape style

Started by Steven_R, April 03, 2023, 12:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven_R

Hello,
i'am using visio since many years. At the beginning Visio 2010 and now Visio 2019 Standard.

Apparently Microsoft changed the Standard style sheet a few months ago. I have been creating my own shapes in my own VSSX files for many years.
When I create a new document and drag one of these shapes into it, the fonts and font sizes change. This often looks quite crazy. Sometimes the font size changes several times in one line.
The fact that this has never caused problems in the past years may be a coincidence.
How can I protect a shape in the vssx file so that it retains its font and size in every other Visio document?
I'm sure there is a way, but I don't know it, although I've been researching it for some time and have already tried a few things.
Actually, everyone who wants to pass on their shapes to others should have this problem.

Is there a way to protect a shape so that other format templates cannot change it?

I hope that someone can help me. The problem is driving me to despair.

Greetings Steve

Surrogate

Hi, Steven !

You can of course find Styles in the user interface.

Starting with version 2013, Themes began to rule.
Quote from: gwideman on January 15, 2012, 03:47:28 AM
Does anyone know of any comprehensive doc on V2007/2010 Themes functionality?  I mean, a single coherent doc covering the entire scope of Themes from top to bottom.
In my opinion, there is still no comprehensive information on the use of Themes in MS Visio...

At one time I spent a lot of time to protect against the influence of themes. This is especially true for shapes created in older versions of 2019 and earlier.

Hope article by Croc can helps: Theme protection in Visio

Steven_R

Thanks for your reply!

I have looked at your links. Now I have found a solution for myself. Actually, it is quite simple. I only had to remove the design. Until now, I had never selected a design and thought that the drawing would then also have no design. When I selected the designs, none of them had a grey border. Therefore, I thought that I was not using a design. Now I have selected the item no design in the selection of designs. And it works.

Thank you very much for your support.

Surrogate

Quote from: Steven_R on April 04, 2023, 11:54:23 AMNow I have selected the item no design in the selection of designs. And it works.
This way works! And you know this trick.  ;D

For example, you send a document to a colleague/customer and he will suddenly see the effects of the Theme. An untrained person will be shocked!

I recently wrote an article about the fight against Themes...
I can't bring myself to write an article on how to make figures that are not affected by Themes  :(