Cannot fill in shapes after drawing

Started by NINA, March 10, 2023, 02:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NINA

Good afternoon,

I spent hours creating various shapes using Freeform, arc and combined tools. However, now that they are completed I cannot fill the shapes.  Can you help?

Kind regards

Nikky

Surrogate

Hi, Nikky!

We can apply fill operation only to closed shapes, i.e. when the start point coincides with the end point...

NINA

Thanks for your reply.  The shapes are closed. But still cannot fill them.

Surrogate

Quote from: NINA on March 10, 2023, 02:55:31 PM
The shapes are closed. But still cannot fill them.
Please check Geometry1!NoFill cell

wapperdude

Actually, the shape only needs to be closed if all you do is use the ribbon (GUI) interface.  But, you can open the shapesheet and do manual edit to Geometry section (as shown in previous reply).  That is, manually set the geometry no fill cell to zero.  Doing so will allow the shape to be filled...Visio assume there is a straight line between the 1st and last geometry points.
Visio 2019 Pro

NINA

Thanks Surrogate for your detailed answer. I will try this when I'm back in work.

Have a lovely weekend.

Nikky

Yacine

Quote from: NINA on March 10, 2023, 04:29:25 PM
Thanks Surrogate for your detailed answer. I will try this when I'm back in work.

;) @W., I must confess, I laughed out loud. Sorry.
One doesn't always get what he deserves.

Yacine

wapperdude

@Yacine:   ;D. ...and now I'm laughing.  Surrogate is sooooo visual.  His answers are "pretty".  ...and thorough.  😂
Visio 2019 Pro

Surrogate

Quote from: wapperdude on March 11, 2023, 05:45:39 PM
Surrogate is sooooo visual.
I'm a big fan of 'mute movies' and my English is far from perfect. So it's easier for me to explain 'on my fingers'.

I also like to add Memes and Easter eggs to my pictures 😂