Drop Down List For Visio

Started by OldDogNewVisio, February 23, 2023, 06:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldDogNewVisio

This is SIMILAR to my previous question, except without using SharePoint.  I am loading a couple of drop down lists in VISIO.  When the user selects one item from the drop down list, it will limit the selection of the next list.  For example, if a person selects the state of California from a drop down list, it will limit the locations available to select from to cities in California.  Then the next list will be locations in the selected city in California.  How do I write the code to do that?

Thank you as always,
ODNV
I may be an Old Dog, but I'm willing to learn new tricks!!

Surrogate

May be this article by Croc can helps

Surrogate

Nikolay

When you load the second list, you just need to include only items that are relevant.

That is, when loading the second list, you need to look at what is selected in the first list, and only load relevant items.
So, when loading cities into the second list, and in the first list "California" is selected, you should load only cities in California into the second list.

When the user selects another item in the first list (selects "Texas" for example),
then you delete items from the second list, and fill it with cities in Texas instead.

Surrogate

Quote from: Surrogate on February 23, 2023, 08:41:20 PMSorry ! Online translators can't translate this article...
I make copy of this article, please try read it via Yandex Translate Service.

Visisthebest

Thank you Surrogate and Croc for the original article, very useful idea.
Visio 2021 Professional