Export as Fixed Format VBA for all pages in Doc

Started by dakndor, January 31, 2023, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dakndor

Hi Brains Trust

I'm piecing together some VBA code to help my team automate exporting of large visio files (20+ pages) as separate PDF files.

So far I have been successful in getting this to work for all pages if I use the pg.Name as the file name source.

What we would like to do is draw data from a shapesheet reference to create individual file names for the outputted files.

I have written the code that I think will do this but I am having an issue with getting this code to properly run through each page. Currently it only manages to save the first page in the document. 

Public Sub ExportAllPages_ToPDF()

Dim formatExtension As String
    formatExtension = ".pdf" '...or .bmp, .jpg, .png, .tif

'// Init folder, doc and counter:
   Dim FldrName As String
Dim PageName As String
Dim FileName As String
Dim pg As Page
Dim shpName As Variant
Dim vsoShp As Shape
Dim i As Integer
i = 1

On Error Resume Next
If Len(ThisDocument.Name) < 1 Then
MsgBox "You need first to save this document. The pictures will be then saved in the same directory."
Else
FldrName = ThisDocument.Path
For Each pg In ThisDocument.Pages
PageName = pg.Name
PageName = Replace(PageName, "/", "__")
Set vsoShp = ActivePage.Shapes.Item("The Data")

FileName = vsoShp.CellsU("Prop.FILE_NAME").ResultStr(Visio.visNone) & ".pdf"
If Not (pg.Background) Then
Call ActiveDocument.ExportAsFixedFormat(visFixedFormatPDF, FileName, visDocExIntentPrint, visPrintFromTo, i, i)
i = i + 1
End If
Next
End If

Cleanup:
    Set doc = Nothing
End Sub

The shape that is being called in Set vsoShp is located on every page and self updates with a unique file name based on data within the page.  I am guessing my issue here is the use of ActivePage.Shapes.Item("") but I can't figure out what to change this to.

I'm hoping someone here can help as I'm a little bit stumped here.  Thanks!

wapperdude

Replace "Activepage" with "pg".  Otherwise, you'll have to set each page as active ahead of that code line.
Visio 2019 Pro

dakndor

Hey Wapperdude

Thanks! That has fixed it.  I was pretty tired when I was piecing this together so I glossed over the Activepage ref.

Appreciate the support and I'm looking forward to getting more involved in this VBA stuff with Visio.