Fence shape modifying perameters

Started by Mike_Kalist, January 04, 2023, 04:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike_Kalist

Good Morning. 
I was able to modify the fence shape I downloaded here but need a little help with some parameters.

How can I count the number of posts  and display in a whole number.

from there  I  should be able to populate the rest of the materials needed to build a fence.

THANKS   so much

wapperdude

The link to the download is missing.  Tried playing with the provided stencil masters, but nothing changes other than section length.   As it stands, there is no convenient way to count number of posts.

Were you able to manually add posts?  Seems like there's only 2, no more / no less.  Need more info.
Visio 2019 Pro

Mike_Kalist

I redid the "Fence With a sold line ( wich is fine it was just for aesthetics anyway)

My only problem now is how can I convert  feet and inches to just inches ONLY for the fence ( Line)

I would like the convert the length 82' 1.3713 in   
to  just inches in the inches box

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nq72ju622hgbqj8/Pic3.png?dl=0

(NOTE:  converting the sheet in precise measurements messes up  all the other shapes I have created)

wapperdude

Right click the page tab and open  the Page Setup dialog.  Click on the Page Properties tab and change the Measurement units to Inches (decimal).  Click OK.  Everything will now show as inches.
Visio 2019 Pro

Mike_Kalist

(NOTE:  converting the sheet in precise measurements messes up  all the other shapes I have created)

it messes up all the other shapes  because measurements  are in inches (  cubic yards )  square feet   etc

wapperdude

Sorry.  Misunderstood.

In the format cell for the inches property, try this formula:  ="0.00 u" or some variation to meet your needs.  This is a default choice provided by Visio.
Visio 2019 Pro