simple rectangle shape with inner rectangles needed that can handle text

Started by NewByUser, May 22, 2009, 08:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewByUser

Very new to Visio so probably a simple question.

I am looking for an object that I can use to represent a table in a database diagram.  I don't want to use the database objects because they are too difficult to work with. 

I just need a simple flowchart rectangle but that has a title rectangle at top and both sub rectangles can have text typed into them. 

A shape that looks like it is "Border small" but square edges however I can only type in the title rectangle. 

Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Leon

wapperdude

Don't know if you've solved this yet, but, basically you can draw a rectangle shape, and then add three separate textblocks.  You need to have some "place keeper" text in each block, otherwise, they'll disappear.  You can also group everything together.

The attached Visio file has a shape based upon the above approach with a couple of added features.
    1.)  There is Shape Data that can be used to add text to the three blocks or
    2.)  I did not protect the textblocks from selection, so you can double click on the text and manually enter text directly.  Of course, the ShapeData feature is no longer available once you do that. 
    3.)  Double clicking the group will also bring up the shape data.
    4.)  Right click the shape and you can hide or show the "dividing" lines.

Enjoy.
Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro