enable/disable macros

Started by goltoof, April 27, 2011, 10:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goltoof

I haven't got into macros yet, created a shape with one way back then, now I get the enable/disable message every time I open the template.  Can't find the shape.

Any way to always allow/disable macros so I don't get the message every time.  Is it a bad idea for some reason?

Jumpy

Even if you made just one little macro, the document is "contaminated", even if you delete the macro later again.
So the mentioned message comes, even if you don't have a macro in the doc anymore.

I don't know if it is possible to clean the document up? But that is what you may want to do,...

...because your idea of disabling the warning is dangeous if you use stencils and drawings from the internet, because they could contain dangeous macros. If you nevertheless want to disable that warning there is the SecurityCenter in Visio somewhere (depending on your Visio-Version) like in other office applications, too.

goltoof

It's not the doc that's contaminated, it's a shape in a stencil, but I can't find the shape containing the macro.  Any way to locate it?

Jumpy

It can't be a shape in the stencil (shapes don't contain macros), but the stencil itself, because the stencil is a document, too.
To see macros in stencil you have to open the stencil in edit-mode (just like when you put new shapes in it) and then open the VBA-Editor (Alt+F11). You'll now see not only the macro area of the page/document, but also that of the stencil.

hth Jumpy

Edit:
Remember: Even if the macro is deleted, Visio thinks the stencil or document is still contaminated, so it is eventually difficult to identifiy the perpetrator (is that the correct word?). You should start with an new empty drawing and load your stencil one after the other till you at least find the offending stencil. Or if you use a template, too. Maybe it's in the template.