“User.CrossFunctionalType”

Started by Brandy, May 26, 2010, 09:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandy

User.CrossFunctionalType

I opened a diagram and tried to make modifications to a
"User.CrossFunctionalType" diagram.  I copied it to a diagram that I was
working on and I deleted it from the diagram.  Now every time I open my diagram, a dialog box appears.  I
tried everything is this world to delete it and I it keeps reconnecting
itself to my diagram. 

I went into the "Drawing Explorer Window" and deleted it from the Master
Shapes.  I went into "Show ShapeSheet" and deleted it from "User-defined
Cells"
and it keeps coming back. 

User-defined Cells:
   User.GUID   ="{D32306AE-BAC4-4721-9260-27661B4F15B0}"
   User.CrossFunctionalType =":cf6.0:"

Visio does not allow you to delete the codes in the "User-defined Cells" section of the ShapeSheet.

Does anyone, anyone have any idea how to removed this annoying things from my diagram / Master Sheet/Shapes?

Any, any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Brandy

Yacine

You can destroy the stencil by doing an union (shape/operations/union), but you will delete all the formulas and cells inside, but the raw geometry.
Yacine

Brandy

There's no shape/stencil... I deleted it several weeks ago... I deleted the master shape as well. 

There's nothing to delete.  Needless to say, the dialog box still appears on startup....

Thanks for your help.

Brandy

Yacine

Sorry, I misunderstood you. Thought you were talking about a shape.
The irritating code must then be in the page. right click on empty space, shapesheet and try to delete the code.
You could also try to copy your diagram shapes (ctrl+a) to a new virgin document.
Yacine

Brandy

I tried 100 times to delete the code, but it keeps reappearing... I tried copying it to another clean/new drawing, but it keeps reappearing... I have tried everything you can imagine...

Again, thanks so much....

Brandy

Jumpy

Could you post the diagramm here, so that the guys can have a look? Maybe an addon is still running?

Visio Guy

Install the Visio SDK, then use the Persistent Events tool to look at your diagram. I'm pretty sure that is what causes the CFF dialog to appear.

Documents can have on-created and on-opened events that are saved in a hard-to-get-at way. Therefore the tool.

If you start a new a cross-functional flowchart drawing, then go to the VBA Immediate window, you do some investigating, using automation:

?thisdocument.EventList(1).Target
CFF

?thisdocument.EventList(1).Persistent = true
True

So we can see that event #1 in the document calls the CFF add-on, and it is persistent (ie: gets saved with the document)
For articles, tips and free content, see the Visio Guy Website at http://www.visguy.com
Get my Visio Book! Using Microsoft Visio 2010

Brandy

Thanks everyone.... 

@ Jumpy = Unfortunately, I can't upload the diagram outside the company...  It has vital info displayed on the Infrastructure diagram. 

@Visio Guy = Thanks for the info, I will try that solution this morning and will keep you posted on the results.

Again, thanks everyone for all your help.

Brandy

Brandy

It did not work... I deleted that things too many times and it keeps reappearing... I wish I could find where it's stored...

Thanks anyway... I do appreciate all the help you offered.

Again, thanks

Brandy

Brandy

Is there anyone with another option? 

Nothing is working..... I deleted that things too many times and it keeps reappearing... I wish I could find where it's stored...

Any, any help is greatly appreciated.

Brandy

Yacine

Brandy,
why not anonymising your diagram and sending it?
Yacine

Brandy

one reason it's 441,949 KB and I would have to remove every IP Address, Server Name, Port, Protocols, etc; that's too much....

As I have stated, it has over 100 diagrams....

I'm on a time line....

Thanks anyway

Brandy

Yacine

??? Remove all shapes but one or two. Watch if the problem subsits. Send. HerrGottNochmal. ;)
Yacine

Brandy

OK, here it is... took me long enough...

Yacine

hummm... I don't get the dialog you mention...
Yacine