Disable Drop event

Started by lindir, June 12, 2014, 12:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindir

Hello guys!
I have an interval for a planning in my stencil and when I drop it a pop up appear on the screen to configure it.

I want to avoid this drop event because all my settings of the interval will be done by VBA after the shape is being dropped.

Any suggestion?
There is a cell EventDrop in the shapesheet section EVENT that run an addon
=RUNADDON("ThisDocument.DoSomething") but even if I set this cell to 0 , save the shape in my stencil when I drop again the pop up come back.
I don't know how addon run on visio..

Thanks for your help!!
Best regards!

Johnny198

Hi,

Maybe the shape data is set to ask the user on drop?
Choose the master you are dropping on the page -> Edit Master -> Edit Master Shape -> Right Click Shape -> Data -> Define Shape Data.
There you can see what is set as ask on drop.
You might not be able to edit the master, then you make sure you have that shape on a page in the document. Choose the ribbon Developer and tick Document Stencil. Then you choose that master from the Document Stencil.

-John

lindir

Hi Johnny!

I didn't knew this possibility but unfortunately all the box "ask on drop" is uncheck for each data :(
So it's not there!

Thanks for you help John!

Best Regards!
Alexandre

Johnny198

Hi Alexandre,

Ok.
Do you have any events that is set to trigger on the shape added event in your VBA?
An eventsink or something like that?

-John

lindir

No I don't have any in my VBA.

There have to be one DropEvent for this shape but I can't find where.....
It the shape "Bloc d'intervalle" (Block Interval in English) in the group "TimeLine shapes "metric"" and the name of the pop up is "Configurer l'intervalle" (Configure interval in english)
This pop up only occurs when there is already a timeline on the page.... unfortunately I need to drop the timeline first.. :(

Nadasdaos

+1 as I am having the same problem when I want to drop milestones!
Have you found a solution lindir?

Yacine

Yacine

wapperdude

I don't know how to do this in code, or if it's possible, but, if you mouse over the master shape on the stencil and do a copy, then, move the mouse to drawing window and do a paste, the shape will place without firing the add-on event.

Just saying.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro