Word VBA edit hyperlink

Started by Sandi09, October 17, 2011, 01:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandi09

Hi,

Here is what I want to achieve:
I would like a clickable hyperlink on mail merge to actually work. In my access 2003 database the field that corresponds to the Hyperlink is named "VideoLink1" and I have made it a Hyperlink type field. However, when I insert the field within a MS word Hyperlink field brackets shown like this:

{ HYPERLINK { MERGEFIELD "VideoLink1" } }

Then merge new document, I am able to see its shown as a hyperlink ie. blue font BUT when the pointer hovers over it, the javascript note as it should says CTRL + Click to follow link and I do that, ctrl and click but the link does not open. Just to make it clear the my links are correct.
I used this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912679 to get the links to look like a Hyperlink.

The problem:

I got it to look like a Hyperlink ie. blue font BUT my big question is how can I get the hyperlink to work, when CTRL + click, the link does not open, I think the problem is to do with the hash keys on either side of the link (Right click; Edit Hyperlink). So when I remove the hash keys its working but I don't want to be doing that for each and every link, so is there a way to automatically remove the hash keys to get the links to work??????? or is there another way?

Someone from another forum has told me to maybe use VBA code behind the Word document to search/replace on the hyperlinks.  But I am not code savy unforunately and don't know how to use visio. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul Herber

I don't know whether you will get an answer here, this forum is for Visio and even though Visio uses VBA here is not where you want to ask this question. You want to ask in a Word forum. Now, Chris might want to start a forum for users of other Office products or Visual Studio etc.
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/