Deactivate Swimlane Title/Phase Block automation

Started by elliem, December 29, 2014, 08:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elliem

I am creating a cross-functional flowchart in Visio. When you pull over the first swimlane shape you get the swimlane, the swimlane title, the phase and a title bar across the top. I want to deactivate those two bars and just have the first swimlane be a "plain" swimlane, like the ones you can add onto the initial swimlane. The behavior seems to be hidden with the automation events -- I turned automation events off, but then can not resize the lane (and I am sure many other things no longer work). When I try to edit the master, I have no idea what piece of code controls the automatic addition of the title/phase. When I try to edit, the stencil doesn't even display the title/phase bars in the preview. Is there a way I can copy and edit the master shape so that I can create a stencil of a "plain" swimlane without the title/phase blocks? I am using Visio 2013.

THANKS

gen1n

Hi Paul,

I am working on a similar concept. A container is kind of like a group. So if you double click on title bar or phase bar, it will select that object.
All you have to do then is to navigate to its shape sheet and set height to 0 (zero) value. Also check the same for text field.

Hope that helps