VB Application Visio Viewer - Pan Disable Problem

Started by rajbhar_s, December 14, 2016, 09:13:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rajbhar_s

I'm trying to build a VB Application in Visio where users can navigate to different Pages within the Visio. Mainly, I'm facing two issues,

1) I want to disable the Pan function in Visio Viewer - this is to avoid accidental Dragging, while the users will respond to questions using Radio buttons.
2) Then, it's my wish to Hide the Background Pages in Visio Viewer. It's unnecessary information which I'm finding difficult to hide in Viewer plugin.

Is it even possible to code these functionalities in Visio Viewer or is there another way to handle .vsd files?

Thanks,
Sanjay

- Sanjay Rajbhar

Surrogate

Hi,

just try your code, in my case i can't load drawing !   :o
i get warning message and can't find in your code how you load it ?

rajbhar_s

I had to do a bunch of Registry Changes to get rid of "This application is about to initialize ActiveX" warning. It's annoying to the point where one starts hating it. However, there are solutions available and the one that worked for me is as attached. It's a batch file, adding/modifying Registry values to mute the message. Please try and let us know.

The most of the codes are in 'ThisDocument' and the 'Main' userform.

Thanks,
Sanjay
- Sanjay Rajbhar

rajbhar_s

Dear Surrogate,

I forgot my salutation to you in my last post. So, sincerely, thanks a lot for looking into this problem.

Notwithstanding our efforts to cope up with security limitations, my contention is that working on a solution in Microsoft products is such a pain -- to an extent that it feels penalising. All I wanted was a simple option to mute 'ActiveX' warning in VBA and an easy way to disable Panning of the diagrams. But it seems that Microsoft wants a Chemical Engineer to know what a certified Software Engineer knows. It pisses me off and I don't know if my reaction is overrated.

I was a proficient Microsoft Basic programmer when I was a kid and I didn't face any challenge above my knowledge level back then. Unfortunately, I tend to believe now that probably Microsoft left me behind despite my smooth journey from DOS 6.1 -> Win 3.1 -> Win98 -> WinXP -> Win7.

Thanks,
Sanjay
- Sanjay Rajbhar