US Military Shapes

Started by cotswolddave, July 20, 2012, 11:02:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cotswolddave

Hi does anyone know where I can get stencils or shapes of US military vehicles, links and organisational units for comms and architecture diagrams?

aledlund

David,
That's a pretty broad question. We have (like most countries) four branch's (army, air-force, navey, marines) each with pretty distinctive equipment. I'm not sure what this means "links and organisational units for comms and architecture diagrams".
al

Stefan

I find that most of the shapes I require a not available, to the standard I need, have you attempted to draw some stencils shapes yourself, I wanted some construction vehicles and could only find some very basic shapes hence I have drawn a full collection, attached is a small example of what you can achieve using Visio.
Stefan 

Moderator: corrupt PDF attachment removed

wapperdude

Stefan --

I received a page error on your attached file and it would not open.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

wapperdude

As far as military vehicles go, one possiblity is to download clipart and make your own stencil.  There's a lot of military vehicle clipart out there, some free, some for very minor cost.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

Stefan

I have uploaded it again, it is a pdf file
Stefan

Moderator: corrupt PDF attachment removed

vojo

PDF cant deal with this latest upload

Stefan

vojo

something like this with this much detail will be pretty tough to find stencils for.

Its going to be more of either
   - find clipart and include in your drawings and stencils
   - get sketchup 8 and use 3D warehouse to find the detail drawing of what you want...export as picture then copy into visio.

There is one construction stencil I have seen (google  visio stencil....look at images....about half way down...it has cranes, trucks, builldozers)