Visio Shape Data Properties

Started by namealreadytaken, August 21, 2013, 09:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

namealreadytaken

Greetings,

For the purposes of creating custom Visio reports and using the BMPN 2.0 stencil, I am trying to figure how to auto-populate property values, identified in object 1 into other objects on the sheet.

A common report heading is: Process Name. On the sheet is a document object and a pool object. The name of the pool is the process name. In the Shape Data Window for the Pool object, I created a new property. Label = Process Name, Name = Bpmn_Process_Name. Value = String. By entering the Process Name in the pool, the property value in the Shape Data Window  for the pool is auto-populated.

What I would like to happen is: The name of the Pool auto-populate the Document Object, which has the same custom property but is called from the Pool Object. Basically, the user should enter the process name once.

In the  Shape Data Window for the Document object, I tried the following, without success: Label = Process Name, Name = Bpmn_ElementType.Pool.Process_Name. Value = String.

My thought being that the Document Object calls the Pool Object on the same sheet.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks