Making precision arrows

Started by beavis, December 22, 2010, 08:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beavis

I do a lot of labels in Visio and the arrow (size, rotation, arrow head size) needs to be precisely placed. I have been unable to use the stock stencil arrows for this reason.

My process is attached. Any any all comments on how to wind up with the desired result or new process welcomed. Thank you.

wapperdude

Once you've defined the basic shape, then you have a variety of options:
1.  For simple resizing, select shape and drag the control points on the selection box to either shrink or stretch.  The control point by itself centered, above the shape may be grabbed for rotating.  Note, once you grab this "rotator", dragging away from the shape will give you finer angular increments.

2.  For specified precision, open the Size and Position window under View on the menu bar.  You can type is specific values.  The shape will remain centered where it is.

Note, once you select the shape, you can use the Pencil tool and grab any of the control points to alter the look of the shape.  For example, grab a midline control point to add curvature.

See the following for more info (or download the free SDK):  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa200964(v=office.10).aspx

HTH
Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro