Import Excel Data into Master Shapes---then Exporting Data to Excel from Drawing

Started by Jverdone, February 14, 2013, 02:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jverdone

I'm using Visio as a CAD alternate & need to extract the shape info to Excel for estimating.

I'm new to 2010Pro & have been using 2003Pro.  Forgive me if this has been mentioned in the forum, I wasn't able to find in the search function.  Question is 2 parts:
1. I've got over 200 shapes that I'd like to associate product data with through the import module.  How do I import the Excel data and attach it to the Master Shape?  External Data function seems to only work on shapes on drawing and not the Master Shapes

2. Once those Master Shapes properties have been added, I'd like to export the data from the drawing to an
Excel file---is this the Shape Report that's mentioned?

MaxKasparek

/push

I'm also hoping to find a way to solve the first mentioned problem. Has anyone an idea how to solve this Problem?

Yacine

Just some thoughts...
For #1: if you don't need to repeat the linking operation over and over (that's why you presumably want the data in the masters), then link them to regular shapes and then drop then in a stencil (programatically or not).
For #2: yes you can use Visio reports.

Regards, Y.
Yacine