How to edit drop down menu on connector (1-D shape).

Started by ryback, August 20, 2010, 07:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryback

Hi.
I have an old network diagram with a neat feature on the connectors (1-D shapes). When I right click them I can choose what kind of network connection it is and it changes color accordingly. As you see in the picture the type of network connections are somewhat antiquated and I don't know how to edit the list. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

Jumpy

Hello,
look in the ShapeSheet. That is:
Select the connector. In Menu go to Window->ShapeSheet.

You'll see a parametered view of the shape in a big table.

Search the section labeled "Actions". Here you find the entrys for the "right click menu" and should find the network connection names.

---------
If you don't find any entry there, than the right-click menu is possibly custom made with code. Than it gets difficult.

Hope thats the right direction  ;)

aledlund

perhaps you can post a drawing with a single connector in it and we can get an idea of how the list is being created.
al

vojo

similar to above....though focused on drawing mechanics
rt click and double click to see behaviors.   (rt click gives you drop downs on net behavior....double click gives custom props to specify spacing and angles)

Can be extended to show other info.....in either venue

See next post if you want to see this to the absurd

vojo

Jumpy

I wonder that the action always works as desired:

=SETF(GetRef(User.menuindex),3)+DOCMD(1312)

I thought it is not sure that Visio first makes the SETF and so changes the  Menuindex and so the displayed ShapeData and only after that fires the DOCMD.

But obviously it works. Maybe the information I had, that it is not always predictable in which order Visio recalculates formulas and cells, is false?

aledlund

;D
I was playing with this one, but the datarecordsets just drove the size over the edge,
al
(it's an extension of what I was doing with component drilldowns, cables just being another component)

vojo

jumpy....if same cell, its deterministic....if multiple cells involved then I dont know (I guess you could use depends on to help that)

The thing I remember about setf was that if you dont use getref() there is no telling what cell or what shape is in play.

The setf + docmd in one cell has never given me trouble....but maybe I am just lucky

ryback

thx for the help. Modifying the shape sheet was the way to go for me here.

I used som cisco-stencils and there doesn't seem to be any connection points on those for the connectors to hook on to, but that's for another thread/forum. They are pretty outdated too...

vojo

In essence, do the following:
   - make a line or circle or whatever
   - add connectors to it
   - over lay on shape
   - group shape
   - Go into line/circle geomtry and set to no line, no fill  (its been a while...so maybe even no show)
   - group the shapes

then add your custom props and drop downs