Creating a extra point in a line segment

Started by DC Kelley, June 17, 2011, 01:45:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC Kelley

This may be the dumbest question I have ever posted to this forum, but here goes...

I need to create a poly-line over a path, and it needs to be made up a few straight line segments (no arc to etc.) Lets presume I can get the geometry data points from the shape sheet for use latter.  I start by drawing a simple straight line over the entire path, with the end and started aligned. 

I then want to add a new point to this line and adjust it to the center of an underlying image.  I would repeat this until sufficient accuracy is obtained.

But I do not see any way to do this.  I want to recall there was some simple trick to add or remove points to a line.  Help.

DC Kelley

Duh! ...  Just hold down the CTRL key and click where you want the new point with the pencil tool.   Press Delete to remove it the same way.  Can not believe it took me hours to recall this, and I found it in Developing MS Vision Solution of all places.

Now if I could juts figure out a clean way to keep the resulting line segments JUST as line-to elements. (I need to disable any arc and ideally the ability for the user to ever make of or even see the small dot that the mid-point of the line segment displays).   Have yet to find a programming method to do this and nothing in the protection dialog seems to serve.